Monday, February 5, 2018

Book Review: Lucky in Love by Kasie West

Book: Lucky in Love by Kasie West
Genre: YA contemporary
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆


I was in the mood for a Kasie West book and this one had been waiting for me for awhile, so it was time!

In this one we have a girl who's family is struggling with money (and other) issues and one day when she is sad that her birthday party doesn't go well, she randomly buys a lottery ticket. Well, and guess what? She wins!

So then we see the progression of what happens when you suddenly have money. And she goes crazy spending it, and her friends get weird, and people who weren't her friends get weird. And her family gets weird. And she forgets everything she had planned to do in life.

Except with one guy. The guy she works with at the zoo. Zoo Seth. And she doesn't tell him about the whole lottery thing (he's been off line so he doesn't seem to be finding out either) because he keeps her grounded. And she develops this pretty huge crush on him, but she is confident that he has no interest in her, because he's one of these guys who's nice to everyone and so you can't really tell what's going on. And she really really doesn't want him to know about the whole lottery thing.

Things get worse with her regular life, but better with her Zoo Seth life.

But despite that, all the things need to be fixed.

So, while I enjoyed it a lot and read it quickly, it wasn't as, um, shall we say, as much my favorite as her other books. Probably mostly because the romance was for sure a side thing, and it's mostly about this girl's life falling apart after the lottery. So that was annoying. But still, these books are just a happy joyful thing for me to read.

But I wanted a lot more Zoo Seth. A lot more. :)

There's another book that just came out a month ago so I'm onto that one as soon as I get a hold of it! I gotta keep up!!!




7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that this is another good one by Kasie West. I want to read more by her since I loved On the Fence so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More romance in a Kasie West book? Is that even possible? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one? How many of these does Kasie have? I feel like they all look the same. Is it like Sarah Dessen's books where when you read one you've read them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: Some feel that way, but I'm not one of them. :)

      Delete
  4. Kasie West's books are so fun! I agree with Kami -- they're kind of all the same, but still fun for when you just need a light, enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails