Monday, July 17, 2017

This Week In Kpop: July 9 to 15, 2017



Well, I really didn't plan on doing one of these kpop news posts EVERY week, but since this past week was just as much, or even more so, crazy as the week before, I figured... why not.

The biggest things that happened this past week revolved around Super Junior. We fell in love with them last January 2016... and promptly discovered that several of their guys were currently in the military. Seriously? Yes.. and so we realized that we had to wait for more than a year to see them doing their Super Junior thing. Which actually gave us plenty of time to catch up on all the stuff we'd missed!

And so, finally, this past week, two of our very most favorites were released from their service and are back in the "idol" spotlight once again! Eunhyuk and Donghae are back! And these two guys are like the best of best friends and have their own little duet sub unit of Super Junior, so it's just so awesome that they both got done within the same week.

(This is what Yesung, also from Super Junior, posted on his Instagram the day Eunhyuk was released. The guy in the gray shirt below is Donghae, who has two days until his release at the moment this was taken.)




But the very best thing about this is the very next day... KCON announced that the two of them will be coming to KCON LA in August! Guys. I can't even explain how flipped out we were over this. All our thoughts of "should we or shouldn't we" about KCON totally went out the window. We HAD to go now. Like, HAD to.


(If they do this song and we have this view, we will be very happy indeed.)


 And the,  VERY NEXT DAY after that, the tickets went on sale. We opened all the tabs and were totally prepared with what we wanted when the counter counted down. And then for 45 FREAKING MINUTES we waited for tickets to become available. It never let us select a price level, so we were just trying for whatever popped up. And nothing did. Over and over and over again. After 45 minutes, we gave up. Then my husband (who is always on board to help enable this ticketing buying thing!) called me back and said.. so I just got floor tickets... do you want them? Of course I said yes and we bought three tickets. General admission... in the pit... on the floor!!

Now, I'm okay standing up the whole time. I'm okay with bumping elbows with the crowd... but what I'm nervous about is the fact that the line for GA tickets starts in the morning, which means standing in line all day and then not being able to do anything else at KCON at all. This is what I have a problem with. So I'm not sure how this will all work. You'll have to stay tuned for the end of the story in about a month! (Most likely we'll not be very close to the stage and will have a hard time actually seeing them!! Ah...dang it!)

Meanwhile, fanwars between BTS fans and pretty much everyone else continue to happen over on Twitter. Getting on Twitter these days is a very risky thing if you are following kpop stuff at all. We are trying to stay out of things, but it's so crazy that it's hard to do! And yes, we are BTS fans, but...we totally hate the fanwars and the idea that many have that in order to be a true fan you can only like one group and etc. Seriously, this fandam is the craziest thing I've ever seen. That's including all the fandoms I've experienced at Comic Con and other places. This takes the cake.

Yes, my feelings exactly.

Oh, and then we've been planning for our upcoming Monsta X adventure. That's this weekend. I'm so nervous!!!! Sadly, I think Hyungwon is still sick and won't be with them. This kills me. And I didn't know I wanted to see him so bad until they said he won't be there. And now...um.. yes, I want to see him. And we have GA tickets for this concert too, so yeah. We'll be filming and instagraming like crazy as we sit in line all day long...so be sure to come and keep us company at all the social media places.


(Here is a brand new fancam of Monsta X at their concert just last night in Atlanta. If we get this view, I might just die. But our luck is NEVER this good!)

Hyungwon... who has some sort of weird infectious disease and hasn't been touring with them. I'm so sad.


Anyway, that's about it for the big stuff this past week. It feels like we haven't had a fun intense comeback from anyone for a long time! But, that will change tomorrow when EXO has a comeback. Check out the channel for our reaction to that!!

(Here's the teaser for their new song.)

2 comments:

  1. That is so weird to me that fans are so particular that they say you can only like BTS and no one else. Why not just let everyone else like who they want to and you do your own thing? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know you were doing so many fun things! Crazy! I'm glad Stuey saved the day and got you tickets.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails