Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Book Review Thoughts: The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain

Book: The Immortal Throne by Bree Despain
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I was slayed when the second book in this series ended WAY TOO SOON and so I've been quite looking forward to this the third book. (Is it the last book? I mean, I thought it was but then there is one tiny little thing left not quite figured out which makes me think that it could be the end, yet there is a thread left just in case....but it does say trilogy, so....)

We pick up pretty much right were we left off... all of our main characters are in major dire straits. One has been captured and is stuck in a forgetting chair. One has been struck with a love dart that will kill him unless he has a kiss from his true love. And that true love is now been forced to pair off with the bad boy (who comes out of totally left field) to be the queen of the underworld!

How the HECK are they all going to get out of this mess? Well, of course they figure it out... not without help from unlikely places, which is awesome. And things get pretty much worse before they get better, as they always do.

But that all keeps one turning the pages and it was awesome. It only took me a couple of days to read this book! Guys! That's like... me from back in the old days!

I loved the tie in to all the mythology with this series. A great take on everything. I loved the main characters. Though I must admit that I liked them better in the first book when we were getting to know them and they were getting to know each other. I missed the romance. I mean there was a little but not much. Too many other life and death things to worry about! But I also enjoyed getting to know some of the new characters better. And the end was just... pretty much perfect this time.

Bottom Line: Read it if you are at all interested in a fun modern take on mythology stories.

Other Reviews:

Ms. Despain does a tremendous job utilizing Greek mythology as the basis for her story all the while adding her own spin to create something fresh and exciting. From That's What She Read

The Immortal Throne is an incredibly fantastic read that was everything I could have hoped for and more! I loved seeing where all the characters ended, both good and bad. It's the most perfectly right way to end an amazing series! From A Great Read

This tribute to the Greek myth of Persephone and Hades comes to an action-packed conclusion as Haden and Daphne struggle against the seemingly endless barriers to their romance. From RT Book Reviews



3 comments:

  1. I love mythology! I'll have to check this series out. It sounds awesome.
    I'm starting a new job where all I can do inbetween my checks is read, so I'm getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I still haven't read it, but I plan to because I need to know everything is okay after that ending, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the third one did come out and that it ended well. I'm shocked you read it so quickly! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails