Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Utah Book Month First Lines Quiz: ANSWERS and WINNERS


Hey everyone! Last month as part of Utah Book Month I had a challenge where you had to match up the first lines of Utah books with their titles. Remember that?

Well, it's time to give the answers and announce the winners.

First the answers:

"You look like a total dork, Ed," says my eight year old sister, the Lovely and Talented Maggie McIff, as I prepared to go to work at Reel Life Movies. A Loser's Guide Life and Love by Ann Cannon

It all comes down to my nose. My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sidney Salter

Norbert Johnson had never met such strange people in all of his life, much less two on the same day-- within the same hour even. The 13th Reality by James Dashner

Wolves don't actually howl at the moon. Wolves, Boys and Other Things that Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler

The whole world is wilting. Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

"If I was going to kill the Prophet," I say, not even keeping my voice low, "I'd do it in Africa." The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

Kalak rounded a rocky stone ridge and stumbled to a stop before the body of a dying thunderclast.  The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

If I had to do it all over again, I would not have chosen this life. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen

Because he had once been human, the King Under Stone sometimes found himself plagued by human emotions. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

It'd been four years since I'd really slept and I suspected it was killing me. Insomnia by J.R. Johansson

And the winners are:
 (yes WINNERS, since there's a tie.. they are both winning!)


and


Congratulations! You'll both be getting an email from me where you can then reply with your address and the book you'd like to receive! You can pick from the list of the above books that were featured on this quiz. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited. I'll email you tonight after I make my selection -- now I just have to decide which I want. Agh! Decisions, decisions ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails